Summer is a fun time of the year to celebrate God’s creation. There are so many ways to naturally bring God into a conversation during the summer months. Here are 3 easy ideas:
- Find a flower.
- Notice how most flowers are perfectly symmetrical when folded in half.
- Ask your kids what they notice about the flower.
- Read Matthew 6:27-29 and talk about how the beauty of flowers can remind us how God takes care of us.
- Catch or watch fireflies on a summer evening. God created an amazing bug when He created the firefly.
- In order to light up, three different chemicals combine in the firefly’s body.
- Each firefly has an individual flash pattern, except in Tennessee where they flash together. Nobody knows why.
- The light is the most efficient light in the world. Nearly 100
percent of the energy in the chemical reaction is emitted as light.
- Check out the Creation SproutBox at awana.org/store.
The Creation story comes alive with 3D reality technology and the parent guide makes it easy to facilitate great faith conversations with your kids.
This summer maximize moments you have with your kids to have spiritual conversations about God’s amazing creation. It is one of the easiest times of year to make those conversations a normal part of your family’s time together. This habit will carry over into the school year and serve you when schedules get busy and it is easy to let spiritual conversations slide.